November 6, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading/

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
I had a busy week, we now have my parents place on the market. We are still in the process of emptying the house. I videoed and then photographed what is there and put it on a closed group on FB so that family members down to grandchildren could say what they wanted and much of it has been claimed. I have been busy putting names on things for them to collect. The garage is clearing well. I think not much will need to go to the tip.

I also did morning tea to sell with another retired teacher at our old school as the children fund raise once a year  by holding a little fair morning amongst themselves.  I think they made about $1600 which is great for a small school. The money goes to less fortunate children.  Each class decides what a portion of it will be sent where.                                                         

What I read last week:

Finished two great books last week.
book cover book cover

What I am reading at present:

book cover

And listening to Secrets in Death by J. D. Robb.

Up next:

From the TBR shelf
book cover

Last Weeks Posts
October Reading Month in Review
Book of Choice Giveaway  - as always a spot for It's Monday bloggers to enter.
Have You Met Nora? Nicole Blades
The Thing With Feathers   McCall Hoyle


a divide

22 comments:

  1. Glad things with your parents house are going well. I remember it being so emotional going through the house. I've got the Sara Donati book on my stacks. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're reading some great books! The Gilded Hour and A Change of Heart caught my eye. Looks like your fundraising was a success. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My book group really liked The Round House when we read it a few years ago. Sadly her books are not popular at my library in general. The Kristan Higgins book is on my TBR list. I've enjoyed her women's fiction novels.

    I have A Change of Heart but haven't finished it yet. I liked some of her other books. Hope you are enjoying it.

    Glad the fundraiser went well. That is awesome! It's great that the kids can be involved in helping those in need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a very busy week. Great idea about posting household items on a FB page for relatives.

    Enjoy your new books! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be tough going through a lifetime of memories at your parents' home. That is a nice idea to let family members have items they want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really tough process, Kathryn; big hugs to you! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Round House; I'm excited to read her new release. Hope you have a good week! - Tara @ Running 'n' Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the house stuff. That's a big job. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope others are helping you with your parents’ home. It’s a huge task.

    Enjoy your reading this week!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/11/nonfiction-november-your-year-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Round House looks interesting. Is morning tea like afternoon tea but at a different time of day? Sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great idea for designating what goes where in terms of the personal contents. I have some sentimental items from my deceased grandparents that my mom gave to me, and I treasure them.

    I really need to read the In Death series! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now That You Mention It is on my review stack. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Good luck with the house clearing out and house sale too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katheryn,
    Great list of books. I've added The Round House and Now That You Mention It to my TBR list. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how the school supports others. Morning tea sounds great. I'm glad many family members want something from your parents' house. Louise Erdrich is an author I believe my book club will read next year, either January or February. December we're taking a break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the mix of genres. I also think its great to raise awareness amongst children for those less fortunate than themselves. Never too early to start.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so hard to clear out a lifetimes worth of things from a family home. My MIL left a full house of things and at first the things went out quickly and while everyone was kind and polite in the end we had to call a donation center and have them haul the last bits away. Then one of my husband's brothers became irate over something he didn't get, nearly a year after the process began. I wish you peace as this goes on.
    I've heard The Round House is very good and I've not read anything by Louis Erdrich. Be well...happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh great choices Kathryn, I have A Change of Heart in my pile I can't wait to hear what you think, it might rise or lower in the queue ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty covers on your books.

    Hope all goes well with the house sale.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed Erdrich's LaRose, so I would like to read The Round House, too!

    Sounds like you are making quick progress on your parents' house - it was a god idea to post pics on Facebook for family members! That is usually difficult, messy business. It's a tough job - hope you are finished soon.

    Also hope you enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was a great idea to set up a private FB group to see who wanted what. Good thinking.

    Hope you have a good week reading, I think A Change of Heart looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember reading Round House years ago...it was intense!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad dealing with your parents' house is going smoothly and the Facebook group is such a good idea! The fundraiser sounds fun and I like how involved the children are. 1600 is impressive! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...