April 3, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 3rd April

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Welcome in everyone. Wow we are in April, that saying "the days are long, the years are short" is wrong, the days speed by too.

I had a good week, enjoyed my reading, lots of quilting and some walking, a day with a great friend. My only boohoo was when my strap on my purple Baby G watch broke off. I guess I have had it for at least 13 or 14 years so it served me well. Not sure if I can get another strap for it. I'd only want purple!!                                                         

What I read last week:

Finally finished listening to this, gods above and below what a howling good read, or in my case, listen. Loved this series and listened to all but one on audio, at the time #2 wasn't available to me, so went with the ebook. If you like urban fantasy this series is excellent.
book cover

I loved The Girl Who Chased the Moon.  Certainly one I am putting on my keeper shelf, just happy to have read it and moved it from where it was sitting for a few years now on my TBR shelf. If you like magical realism then this one is perfect. 

book cover

Almost Missed you is a review book and one of the Spring Choices from She Reads. Review to follow.

book cover

What I am reading at present:

Review book.... always partial to a Robyn Carr.
book cover

Okay... I read a number of reviews for the following book on blogs recently. If you wrote one of them you are part of the collective who persuaded me to try this one. I am listening to the audio version and enjoying it.

book cover

Up next:

Finally I will be reaching for this one off my TBR shelf. And what a gorgeous cover it has too.
book cover

Posts from last week.
Dragonslayer   Emilie Richards
April Book of Choice Giveaway  special category for those who join on It's Monday. See sidebar.

a divide


28 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your watch. While you're looking for a replacement strap, take out the battery. It would be a shame for the battery to go bad and gum up the works. (I speak from experience)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow April already. Glad it was a good week, and that does look like a good urban fantasy. I've heard good things about that series. Is it cooling off there? We're still trying to warm up here. :)

    Hope you have a good week ahead. Sorry to hear about the watch strap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad April is here as we head into spring in the U.S. Sounds like you had a nice week (except for the poor watch strap).

    I liked The Girl Who Chased the Moon. I've enjoyed her books. I listened to Garden Spells and thought the audio version was pretty good.

    That cover for The Lake House is prettier than the one we have here.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover of "The Girl Who Chased the Moon." I'd buy it based on that alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good books for you. I think I need to try the Anne Bishop series as so many of our blogger friends recommend it. :-)
    I hope you can find a purple band for your watch.
    Happy quilting and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you liked The Girl Who Chased the Moon . That was the only one that I have read by her and I really enjoyed it. Looks like you are reading some good books this week. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you love The Others series too. I want to try the audiobook version soon. I'm currently reading the second book of the story.
    Anyway, The Last Chance Matinee sounds really good. Looking forward to your review.
    Thank you for stopping by on my blog. I hope you have a great week. Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. More great books for you! I can't wait to get the newest Robyn Carr...and I loved Almost Missed You. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy April - I am looking forward to this month, I hope you are too :-)

    Sounds like you had a nice week, what a shame you lost the band for your watch, I love purple too. I hope you get a replacement very soon.

    So good to see Kate Morton's latest on your list this week. I could not staring at the cover, it's divine.

    I've seen Almost Missed You around many blogs and Goodreads, it has me intrigued!

    All the best for a great week!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lake house looks good. I know the library has some of her books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard that saying about April before but I agree with you - the days are too short! I really enjoyed The Lake House - hope you do to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, The Lake House is a good one; hope you enjoy it, Kathryn! It's so interesting that you've commented on April this morning, as well; I can hardly believe we're already this far into the year. I feel so old saying this - ha! I'm happy to hear that you were able to spend some time with a friend and that you've had a good week (other than your watch!); hope you have a good one this week, too! Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved The Lake House, so I'm happy you're pulling that one from the shelf. What a gorgeous cover! I haven't seen that cover, and it's so different from the cover in the states. Boooooo on your watch strap breaking. I hope you find a purple strap for your watch. Have a great week, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read two books from your list and they were very good.
    Surprised how quickly the month goes. Am in Melbourne visiting family. The days fly very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Girl Who Chased the Moon does look good. I bet Ebay will have a purple strap, they have everything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy to hear how much you loved Etched in Bone. I need to get back to that series!! I am also listening to it. I've always wanted to pick up one of Morton's books, but I find them daunting because they are so long! Have a great week, Kathryn! I hope you find another purple strap for your watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also love the cover of "The Lake House". Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also enjoyed The Girl who chased the moon! Not my preferred reading genre, but it was such an enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww...sorry about your watch. I hope you can find a replacement, but if you can't, it will be fun to just put the watch on display. I do things like that. :)

    I LOVED The Lake House. Her books are always so good, and this one was terrific too. They changed the cover - just as gorgeous as the original one. ENJOY!!

    Have a terrific week!! Lots of good books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Sarah Addison Allen's books! I have been seeing Almost Missed You everywhere, it sounds so good. And I have The Lake House on my TBR shelf as well. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some really great choices. I love Kate Morton did you read her debut The House At Riverton?
    I'm still digging away on my contract reviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a wonderful week! You're right - the days do fly by.

    Looks like you are reading a nice variety - hope you enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  23. These all look lovely, particularly the Last Chance Matinee and the Kate Morton. It looks like the books are very happy--and happy is a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bummers on the watch strap but lasting that long is actually pretty awesome. I used to have a Baby G but I think I dumped it b/c an ex-boyfriend had given it to me in college. I have a Garmin that my husband gave me for Christmas but the GPS sucks so I usually just use my phone for the app, Map My Run. I really like it as it has all kinds of options for activities to track as they are tracked differently from one another. I have that urban fantasy book on my TBR. I'll move it up.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great list of books. I have The Last Chance Matinee on my list too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore just about everything Sarah Addison Allen writes! Love the magic of her storytelling!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really need to listen to The Others series! Glad you loved SAA's books. The Lake House cover is gorgeous. I need to get back to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Girl Who Chased The Moon is so good!
    -Laila @ Big Reading Life

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...