March 6, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide

Hope everyone had a good reading week. I did and had generally a good week outside of reading as well. Some hard pruning was done in the garden yesterday, and now the rubbish is sitting there for me to dispose of which will get done gradually. Have you noticed that men prune back things a lot more than women!!                            

What I read last week:

A review book that I really enjoyed. Review will posted soon.
book cover
This was a recent buy and I just know it will be one of my top favourites for 2017. Loved it and review will follow.

book cover

By an Australian author this book set in Italy during WW1 was an excellent historical fiction book. Review will be posted in near future.

book cover

What I am reading at present:

About to begin reading this one from the TBR. It is a follow up to one I read for my first book of the year in 2016. I always meant to read the second one in the duology but never got to it. 

book cover

I am still listening to The Shadow Sister. About half way through it and enjoying both story lines. The narrator does a far better job in this one than in book one.

Up next:

My turn for this one has come at the library  so it is up next.
book cover

Posts From Last Week
The Orphan's Tale   Pam Jenoff
March Book of Choice Giveaway 2017   With slot for all It's Monday! participants to enter.
a divide

26 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, my husband is a crazy pruner! Most of your books are new to me. Hope you enjoy Jayne Ann Krentz's books as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great week! I loved Sweet Lake and When All the Girls Have Gone. Have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I just about killed a bush once.

    Foxmask looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, A LETTER FROM ITALY looks so good! I love both the setting and the time period. Hope you have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a productive reading week. That sisters series is on my TBR for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo Foxmask sounds intriguing!! And yes, my husband is obsessed with pruning ~ I am always a little alarmed at how much he does. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foxmask caught my eye. Pruning time for you and soon spring planting time for us. My hubby has been replacing the older, bedraggled flower post with some fresh flowers. I'm glad you've been enjoying your reading - that is always a good thing.
    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to do some gardening, but it's been so hot. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow... :)

    Glad you enjoyed A Letter From Italy, I think Pamela's books are going from strength to strength!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With the weather changing here I need to get out in our garden. I want to completely change ours this year and it won't happen if I don't get motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I HAVE noticed this; my husband prunes back things so much that I'm afraid they'll never recover...somehow, they always do and I think it only encourages him - ha! I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice reading week and were able to spend some time outdoors; hope this week is a good one, as well, Kathryn! Thank you for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! The roofers pruned a holly tree in my yard (without permission I might add) that is supposed to have branches from the ground up like a Christmas tree would be. It is now a stick with a toupee!! They pruned it so close to the trunk, I'm terrified it will not come back. I was furious.

    It's always nice when the week is great and the reading is, too. I hope you have another week like that. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been very busy in my garden over the past 2 weeks, but need to start slowing down as autumn is slowly approaching here.I had a guy who came to help me in the garden a couple of days and good gosh - you should see how he pruned! He's not coming to help anymore....

    Reading front! I have actually never read anything my Emilie Richards! Been meaning too.

    Hope you have good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When All the Girls Have Gone looks really good. I hope to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jayne Anne Krentz is an author I own a few books by and have been meaning to get to FOREVER. Somehow she always gets pushed to the back of the pile :( Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Lake and A Letter from Italy look so good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great on your yard work. Not sure I noticed about the pruning. I am sure everything looks lovely and fresh. Nice to be outside...we have had a wonderfully mild winter. I just hope it doesn't go backwards. :)

    A Letter From Italy looks good. Love the cover on Foxmask. The Jane Anne Krentz book looks very good.

    ENJOY this week.....they do go so quickly, though.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  17. I requested When All the Girls Have Gone from the library as well, and I just received the CDs. Hope it's good! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you had a productive week. My hubby doesn't let me prune because I am the one who does too much pruning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews.
    As for pruning, I would probably not know when to stop, at least based on the bonsai tree I killed through over-pruning some years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes,in my experience, men prune with much more gusto than women :)
    Looking forward to your reviews. All the books look wonderful. I'm reminded that I haven't received The Shadow Sister yet. Happy to hear you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow you're a machine :) I'm reading an upcoming Hard Science Fiction novel right now called From Ice to Ashes by Rhett Bruno
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you had a good week - it always feels good to get things cleaned up in the year or garden! Looks like a nice variety of books, too.

    Enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really liked When All the Girls Have Gone but than I usually like Jayne Ann Krentz! I'm super curious about the Emilie Richards. I've loved so many of her books but haven't read her in years. I'm hoping to get at least one read this year. Enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want to read When All the Girls Have Gone! It looks great! Looking forward your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. All of your books look pretty good to me. I used to read Juliet Marillier's novels but I haven't read that one. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...