March 21, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Had a varied week because I was working on different things. I got a bit of TV viewing done - still wending my way through last season of Doc Martin. (British programme). I was quilting of course, and got out in the garden a bit. Need to put the vegie garden to sleep for the winter with mustard and lupin - hope to do that this week! 

So just two books read in the last week but both were excellent and I have decided to slow down and stop rushing through books, because of the review pile. I am just going to read and post reviews as I reach them!

We had some very cold weather, then summer sprung back and I was into sleeveless tees again. I have even slowed down my walking, I just felt I was getting into too much of a routine and I want to cut back and do less! So cutting down my goal for the week and not going to walk every day.

Hope you all have a great week and a blessed Easter break. See you back here on Easter Monday!                                              

What I read last week:

Silent Sentry book cover The Song of the Skylark



What I am reading at present:

Reading:
Once a Rancher
Still listening to:
Wedding Ring by Emilie Richards.

Up next:

Offensive Behaviour book cover Reunion Pass book cover

Posts from the last week:

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris   Jenny Colgan
The Two-Family House   Linday Cohen Loigman



a divide

23 comments:

  1. A few years ago I quit reading because of the "review pile" and it was the best decision! I am sure it will be for you as well. I always enjoy Linda Lael Miller's books. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been determined to request fewer review books...and only those that I would have purchased.

    Savoring our books is the best way to remember them afterwards, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn you can allocate some of your walking time to me if you like. Given that I did NOTHING!!!!

    I have to admit I'm not a fan or Doc Martin - well, the actor in it. I know he's supposed to be prickly in that role but I haven't really liked him in anything so it puts me off....

    Hope it cools down a little soon here also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy the Erica James book. What a lovely cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had warm and cold days here too. On Wednesday it was warm enough to go out without a jacket but this weekend was cold and it even snowed a little today.

    Reading at a more relaxed pace sounds good. I still have to many books on my review pile as well as reviews to write. I have nothing to post this week. I'll have to see if I can write a review in the morning before I go to work.

    I hope you have a great week and happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be interested in your review of Silent Sentry. I think I have to agree that sometimes we get too intent on reading to get the reviews done. Then we have to consciously stop and remember to read for enjoyment.
    My DH has started planting our garden.
    I need to pick up my walking. At least I have been tracking food and I have lost 4 pounds since the beginning of the year. :-)
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most people don't get enough walking done but it seems you're doing very well! That's great! You've read some good books this week. I too am enjoying my reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've watched a bit of Doc MArtin and I kinda like the show. Also the area they film it is nice (I think it's Cornwall?). I agree with you- savoring books is best and who needs the stress of rushing right? Hope you have a good week, and happy Easter next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubs watches Doc Martin over here-- BBC America, is it? Anyway, hope it's enjoyable for you. Glad you're having a last hurrah of warm weather before your cold weather comes.

    Isn't it great to read because you want to, not because you have to! I am back to requesting some books, but nothing extravagant, about 5 due by end of May and I'll get to them when I can and not feel the pressure. I love to just follow my mood and go where it leads me :)

    A very Happy Easter to you and your family, also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been very warm down here, too. I'm not happy about it to be honest, I prefer the cold. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you had a great reading week, Kathryn. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quilting, gardening, TV viewing, and reading sounds perfect to me. You seem to manage a good balance of everything! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had our seasons bounce back, too. We had a nice warm week and all of a sudden it's winter again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading and posting what you want sounds like a great idea. It's a lot better not to have that added pressure! I'm glad you had a nice week. We've had up and down temps the past few weeks and it's driving me crazy. It dropped back to freezing overnight, but they're saying back up to spring temps this weekend. I can't keep up, and neither can my sinuses! Lol

    Happy reading and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, the review pile can become overwhelling. Although it sounds like you have the right attitude towards them! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good idea about not stressing and rushing about the review pile.

    I have mine pretty much under control all the time. I actually have cut back a little bit...not much, but a little bit. I can't pass up books that I know are awesome. :)

    ENJOY this week...great to hear summer came back. It is freezing here today. Just got back from a walk.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had a good, reading week Kathryn. Do you ever feel you rush through books b/c you have to review them compared to reading a book for simple enjoyment? I sometimes feel my speed-reading skills have me zoom through posts because I usually comment on every one for the day. Yesterday it was nice to just sit and read posts; I felt I absorbed them more. I'm not done with my historical romance; I kind of am not motivated but it did pick up from what I had last read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Stephanie I hate that speed reading and same with posts, so much better to sit and absorb quietly.

      Delete
  18. I love Doc Martin, but I'm way behind and need some down time also, to catch up. I didn't update my blog for over a week, because I was feeling pressured by so much also. It happens sometimes. You have some great books there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Doc Martin is a great show! We got my 90-year old father-in-law the entire set on DVD - all seasons plus several movies - and he watched all of them in about 2 weeks! ha ha I'm still on season 1.

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm reading Once a Rancher right now too! I'm really enjoying it. I have the Emily March coming up and am excited about that too. Doc Martin looks great. I need to start that show.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Song of the skylark looks like the perfect 'escape' read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...